The passion of the Argentine for his football team is known worldwide.
An English newspaper wrote a few years ago that one of the 100 most beautiful experiences to live is to see a superclásico in the Bombonera or Monumental. It seems incredible that only in the city of Buenos Aires 10 teams coexist with current or near present in the first division. Going to see a football match is a ritual that many argentines do every week when their team plays in their stadium.
The great teams of Argentina are River Plate, Boca Juniors, Independiente, Racing Club and San Lorenzo. As all these clubs have many partners it is very difficult to get tickets to go to the stadiums so there are tours to see argentine soccer games that include transfers and a guide and they are a experience to enjoy on a trip to Buenos Aires.
If one does not want to take a tour and something more cheap, the ideal is to look for Velez Sarsfield, Huracán, Lanús, Banfield, Argentinos Juniors, etc. where tickets can be purchased at the stadium ticket office on the day of the match.
Tips to go to the stadium with tranquility
* Wear clothing that includes the colors of the local team or at least neutral. Never take the colors of the rival of the team to whose stadium it goes.
* Do not carry any object such as batteries, bottles, the police do not allow them to enter and keep them.
* If it is a rainy day, bring a pilot or umbrella as most stadiums are not covered.
* If a goal is scored, the visiting team does not celebrate or smile because the local people take the result very seriously and can become violent.
* Many police checks are made at the entrance and in them men and women are separated since the frisking is done by policemen of the same sex as the frisked person.
* The gastronomy in the stadiums is quite limited, so it is recommended to eat before or after the game. In the stadium only hamburgers and hot dogs or cookies are offered.
* You can not consume alcohol either in the stadium or in the immediate.
Going to watch a soccer game is one of the best things to do in a visit to the city of Buenos Aires.