First of all let´s say that Buenos Aires is a flat city and that the weather all year round allows a comfortable use of bicycles.
We have a few cold months between may and early September but our cold almost never goes below zero Celsius degrees. The summer between late November and march can be hot and wet humid but with the right clothing and sun protection is not a problem at all.
In the last years the government of the city created a nice network of bike paths
so you can be pretty safe using them.
Our tips for a safe and enjoyable cycling tour in town:
· Be very cautious when riding in heavy traffic areas as Argentinians not always respect lights and priorities as you may be used back home.
· Take with you a lock and try not to leave in the street expensive bikes as there are reports of bikes getting stoled when unattended.
· Bring with you a helmet as a protection
· Avoid La Boca neighborhood as it could be dangerous if having a pretty bicycle
· All the metropolitan trains have a wagon with bike facilities. There are signs painted in the floor of the stations informing where to climb in.
· If you need to repair your bike or add air on them you should google the word Bicicletería that are the bike shops nerby where you can get assistance.
· A Ride to Tigre area is a really nice option as a day tour.