Where to hire ski and snowboard lessons?
Las Leñas has a program that offers safe classes taught by highly trained teachers in adaptation techniques to ski and snowboard .
At the base of the main track the classes for adults are given, children and also adapted skiing.
The classes in turn are offered in different ways:
- Adult groups: teachers set up dynamic classes so that all groups participate and can progress as a team. The classes last 2 hours and the groups are divided into different levels. It is a Cool option to interact with people from different places.
< b> - Groups for boys: are divided by age (3 to 5 years and 6 to 15 years) and skill levels. These groups have a unique track so they can slide safely and fun. nbsp ;
- Particular: this type of class is recommended whether you have a beginner, intermediate or advanced level and for all ages. The difference with group classes is that by being personalized, progress is achieved more fast.
- Adapted skiing: the school also offers the possibility of winter sports classes for people with different abilities, so that all families can equally enjoy the magic of snow.
< p class="MsoNormal">
You can take this tour on your own or with the company of a professional guide.
Through the snowmobiles that are rented at the base of the center , you will walk through hidden trails, to finally reach strategic points with beautiful views of the whole valley.
It is a great way to get to know the surroundings of Las Leñas. It is a fun and safe activity that allows effortless access to the most beautiful settings in the area in the winter season.
The excursion with snowmobiles crosses streams and forests, up to 1,400 meters high, on a route of 7 kilometers with stops in natural viewpoints , visiting an area of the ski center and enjoying an environment that can only be done with all-terrain vehicles.
< span style="font-size: 14pt; line-height: 19.9733px; ">
It is ideal for those who want to do the experience and combine it with other activities.
Cycle through Virgin slopes in Pisa Snow
Another novelty inaugurated in 2019 is the Extreme Expedition with which you can access Unspoiled slopes and incredible itineraries aboard a snow groomer Pisten Bully 300.
The adventurers, accompanied by guides and lifeguards, will move away from the traditional circuits to enjoy exceptional landscapes and descents .
This proposal is ideal for riders with experience at variable levels and off-piste looking for new sensations. However, the off-piste experience does not It is a sine qua non condition to enjoy this proposal, families also choose the “Extreme Expedition.” This is possible because there are areas, such as the “Torrecillas” for beginners and exclusive areas for the more advanced and experts, such as They are El Collar, Collarcito, Ponce and Valle Hermoso.
The starting and finishing point is the Base Ski School , where the participants receive a safety briefing and organize their equipment before starting the journey.
The options for this excursion are half or full day and the tours are made according to the terrain conditions.
< span style="font-size: 13.5pt; line-height: 19.26px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb (17, 17, 17); background: rgb (249, 249, 249); ">
Gliding down the Snow Tubing track
The 100 meter long snow tubing track , it is also a great attraction in Las Leñas. Young and old alike can launch themselves with inflatable rubber bands with handles to walk the track and experience all the excitement of a vertiginous descent, which guarantees adrenaline and fun.
The Snow Tubing track is located in the Adventure Park (a few meters from the Las Leñas Ski Resort parking area). This park was inaugurated in 2013, it includes from the most modern tubing to the classic“ coolie patín ”(single or double) .
In the park you can do other activities such as zip line 60 meters long at the base, also excursions with snowshoes or rent sleds to slide down a specifically designed track. The park opens from 9 am to 5 pm every day.
Ascend by the Mars Chairlift
Climb to the snowy peaks with the mythical Mars chairlift is another of the activities that you can add to your itinerary. Through this chairlift you will be able to access the top of a combination of tracks of more than seven kilometers in extension, the largest in all of Argentina.
The legendary character of this chairlift is given in its huge drop of 700 meters, one of the largest in the world. Just getting on it is a adventure.
The duration of the trip is estimated at seven minutes, and triples the passenger capacity per hour (from 730 to 2100).
In addition, Las Leñas Valley offers 14 lifts (includes a ski mat for beginners), which can carry up to 10,000 skiers per hour.
Another of the recently acquired lifts is the Minerva II. It is quadruple type and state-of-the-art, adapted for ski and snowboard experts.
Skate on ice
For those who prefer to share a different experience, but without moving away from the magic that Las Leñas holds, the ski resort also has an Indoor Ice Rink.
This is one of the novelties of Las Leñas. This track is in the base dome , the entry is for all ages and children from 6 years.
It is open from Monday to Sunday from 1 pm to 9 pm.
Enjoy the sunset at After Ski Ufo Point
At the end of the day of skiing and snowboarding, the Ufo Point parador located in front of the main slope offers various alternatives to enjoy the after ski: live music, karaoke, DJ sets and wine and beer tasting.
At Ufo Point starting at 5.30 in the afternoon, people begin to gather at the parador to be part of the sunset in front of the mountains, while having a drink or enjoying some of the most delicious dishes popular such as the veal milanesa with french fries, hamburgers, salads and of course, cakes: cheseecake with red berries, brownies, chocotorta and a lot of tasty things.
Other unmissable Ufo Point are the themed night parties, which are held once a week and also have beer, cuba libre or fernet happy hours .
Play at Casino Pisces
The Casino Las Leñas is located inside del Hotel Spa Piscis , is the highest in the world (it is 2,300 meters above sea level) and has 13 gaming tables and 26 slot machines.
The Cordillera casino offers its visitors excellent service and multiple entertainments. In the games room they include electronic roulette, roulette tables, Black Jack, Baccarat, Poker and a bar with a wide variety of drinks.
Inside the spa and casino hotel simple dishes, good music and various shows with national and local artists are also offered.
Where to eat in Las Leñas?
After an afternoon of outdoor activities it is always good to take some time to rest. For this reason, the ski center offers different paradores in front of the slopes with different specialties :
- Brassero : From simple lunches and dinners, to the most elaborate dishes of Italian and French cuisine. From traditional grills, regional meals or fast dishes, in all cases, good eating is part of this parador restaurant.
The most recommended is the full spine (ideal for sharing).
< span style="font-size: 14pt; line-height: 19.9733px; ">
- Powder Terrace by Rodizio: It works as a restaurant and cafeteria. It offers everything from grill, fast food to hot chocolate with cakes. In addition, in this parador its drink bar created with ice stands out!
- La Rita : It offers a grill, fast food, cafeteria and pastries. It has a terrace and deck with privileged views.
- Lobby Bar Aries Hotel : If you are wanting to savor a delicious barbecue, I recommend this place. The star dishes are: entrecote, skewers, skewers, pork bondiola and Mendoza goat. Accompany them with garnishes rustic and a house malbec.
- Olimpos : is located at 2,700 meters high in the very heart of the mountain and is accessed via the Minerva chairlift. It is characterized by its exquisite stews, varieties of cream soups, casserole meats and sautéed vegetables. Another must-see is the meats on the disc, with options of chicken, goat, lamb, rabbit, wild boar and deer.
- Minerva : It is a cafe-bar oriented to the public that is passing through this sector and wants to consume something quick, but rich, such as panninis, individual pizzas, crêpes and sweet delicatessen.
How to get to Las Leñas?
Las Leñas can be reached from the city of Malargüe (80 kilometers) , from San Rafael (205 kilometers) or from the city of Mendoza ( 352 kilometers) through buses or renting a car.
In the case of doing it from Malargüe by car you have to go from the city center to National Route 40, to the intersection with Provincial Route 222 that crosses Los Molles until it reaches the Las Leñas ski center. The path is very simple, all asphalt and is perfectly signposted. Another way to access Las Leñas from Malargüe is by buses that depart from the downtown terminal (September 11 and Beltrán Oeste) and that take 2 hours to reach Las Leñas.
If you travel from San Rafael it is 3 hours by car by national route 144 to all Take the RP222, it is a direct road and with signs indicating the route. In the case of going by long distance bus, you have to go to bus terminal ( Calle General Paz 985), located in the center of the city.
Finally, the option to go from Mendoza city can be with a rented vehicle a through National Route 40 (4 hours), all the way is very well signposted. When you arrive at Las Leñas, parking is free and you can leave the car for the days you want.
If you want to go by bus , there are constant departures to the ski center from the bus terminal in the city center of the city (Av. Acceso Este and Costanera in Guaymallén)
S I want to know more about tours and lodging , don't hesitate to contact us !